Don’t miss my review of ANATOMY OF A PLAYER here–with a giveaway! 🙂
I’m such a sucker for a fabulous kiss scene. When people ask what to do when they get stuck while writing, I tell them to add a kissing scene. They’re always my favorite scenes, especially when I’ve been waiting & hoping the characters will kiss. It’s one thing that keeps me flipping the pages.
I thought I’d share a snippet from one of Anatomy of a Player’s kissing scenes & then talk some of my favorite onscreen kissing scenes.
I dragged my fingers over the spot where material met skin, her sharp intake of breath spurring me on. I leaned closer, leaving that last inch between our lips open for a moment so she could pull away if she wanted. Instead she closed the gap, her soft lips igniting a fire within me when they touched mine.
I slid my hand behind her neck and drew her to me. Another wave of heat rolled through my veins as I parted her lips with my tongue, taking my first full taste. She moaned into my mouth, and then every thought I’d ever had flew out of my head and my baser instincts took over. I looped my arm around her waist and pulled her onto my lap, never breaking the kiss.
My five favorite kissing scenes:
- Crazy Stupid Love – When Emma Stone goes charging into the bar, hair wet from the rain, and kisses Ryan Gosling, I get butterflies! I love how he goes from shocked & hands off to very hands on, mid-kiss. When I need kissing scene inspiration, I go to Youtube & watch it again and again.
- North & South – Once Richard Armitage stepped onto the scene, I’d be a goner. Not to mention that delicious accent. But I love the push and pull, and how the romantic tension just builds & builds, until you’re screaming at the characters to kiss already! It makes the payoff that much more satisfying, and that kissing scene definitely stands out in my mind when I think about amazing cinematic kisses.
- The Notebook – Rain, check. Scruffy Ryan Gosling, check. Crazy romantic tension & the declaration that “It still isn’t over!”, double check!
- Veronica Mars – Until Veronica kissed Logan, I didn’t even know I wanted it to happen. But after that first amazing kiss, I found myself cheering for team LoVe, and hoping it’d happen more & more.
- New Girl – As a sucker for friends to lovers, I could see the romantic tension building between Nick and Jess. I love that the writers took their time with it, and when they finally kissed, it was so swoony & satisfying.
If anyone needs me, I’ll be watching kissing scenes on Youtube.
Me too, Cindi! Thanks so much for sharing 🙂
About the author:
Cindi Madsen is a USA Today Bestselling author of contemporary romance and young adult novels. She sits at her computer every chance she gets, plotting revising, and falling in love with her characters. Sometimes it makes her a crazy person. Without it, she’d be even crazier. She has way too many shoes, but can always find a reason to buy a new pretty pair, especially if they’re sparkly, colorful, or super tall. She loves music, dancing, and wishes summer lasted all year long. She lives in Colorado (where summer is most definitely NOT all year long) with her husband and three children.
About ANATOMY OF A PLAYER:
This bad boy is about to get played…
After getting her heart broken by a player again, Whitney Porter is done with men. She’s focusing on her future career and her first assignment at the college newspaper: Posing as a sports writer for an exposé on the extra perks jocks receive. But Hudson Decker, the bad boy of the hockey team, is about to test her resolve. To keep herself from breaking her no-sex rule with the temptingly tattooed athlete, she decides to use him for a side project: Anatomy of a Player, to help Whitney—and women everywhere—spot a player, learn what makes him tick, and how to avoid falling for one.
With his life spiraling out of control, Hudson Decker’s looking for a distraction. When his teammates bet him that he can’t land the gorgeous but prickly new reporter, he accepts the challenge, boasting he’ll have her in bed by the end of the semester. But Whitney is so much more than Hudson expected, and soon enough, he’s in too deep. The last thing he needs is another complication, but staying away isn’t an option. One thing’s for certain: this girl totally throws him off his game.