Ten things to know about Rachel Ford-Talbot from Rich
- She speaks fluent sarcasm.
- She is surgically attached to her iPhone.
- She doesn’t understand why people want to be her friend and does everything she can to discourage them.
- She’s related to English royalty and her mother is a Countess.
- Her bedroom is directly under her swimming pool, and she looks up at the glass bottom of the pool while she’s in bed.
- She terrifies everyone—except the hero, who thinks she’s intriguing. Oh, and her grandmother, who’s just as scary as Rachel.
- She smooths the lives of the people around her, but refuses to admit she’s doing it. If caught, she’ll insist her generosity was for selfish reasons. And I’m pretty sure she believes that.
- She wouldn’t be caught dead in flat shoes.
- She drives like a maniac.
- She has no idea what to do with the hero of the book, Harvard. The man doesn’t intimidate the way everyone else does, and he’s just tempting enough to her peace of mind to be dangerous.
About the author:
Janet is a Scot who moved to New Zealand fifteen years ago. Among other things, she’s been an artist, a teacher, a security guard at a castle, a magazine editor, and a cleaner in a drop in center for drug addicts (NOT the best job!). She now writes full-time and is working on her 19th book. Her books have won several awards, including the Daphne du Maurier award for excellence in mystery and suspense. When she isn’t living in her head, she raises two kids, one husband, and several random animals. She survives on chocolate and caffeine.
by Janet Elizabeth Henderson
(Benson Security, #5)
Publication date: April 23rd 2020
Genres: Adult, Thriller
Rachel Ford-Talbot has nothing to do with her family or their pharmaceutical business. And she likes it that way. As one of four partners who own an internationally renowned security business, Rachel prefers to leave her past, with all its secrets, deeply buried.
But when a series of thefts reveal that the family business is being targeted for industrial espionage, her father begs Rachel to investigate. His illness makes it hard for her to refuse, but Rachel wonders if he truly understands what he’s unleashing on his company. Because she isn’t the same bright-eyed graduate that walked through their doors years earlier. Now, she’s strong, powerful, and somewhat terrifying. A woman who doesn’t suffer fools lightly and who is afraid of nothing.
She also isn’t alone.
This time, she has the might and expertise of Benson Security at her back. And an ex-CIA agent at her side—because Michael “Harvard” Carter has appointed himself her bodyguard for the duration. Even though Rachel doesn’t need, or want, the annoyingly sexy man’s help. But while the world sees a first-class bitch when they look at her, Michael sees only someone who intrigues him. Which makes him the biggest threat of all.
***This is a standalone novel. You don’t have to have read any of my other books to enjoy it.***