Thanks so much for agreeing to be with us today, Kate! What 5 things should readers know about you?
Five things. So many things. But I’ve got five.
- I always have a can of cat food in my purse. This is so when I run into a stray I can make sure he or she has food for the day.
- I have a new podcast called Stream of Subconsciousness that’s available for free on SoundCloud. I’ve always wanted to do a podcast. It’s mostly my mouths on various subjects but I plan on having guests over for conversations soon.
- I have recently discovered Rita’s and I am obsessed with their frozen lemonade slush. Basically you order lemonade and add any of their ice flavors. It gets blended together into slushy goodness.
- I love being slightly overweight. I know, it’s not normally what people say. And of course there are days when being thin is tempting, but hear me out. When I was thin I was never happy. I’ve finally found my comfort zone and I’m happy. I still exercise to stay healthy, but not to lose weight. Never that.
- My maternal grandfather is a US vet who was stationed at Clark Airbase as a pilot. He’s where I get my skin and eye color from. But I am born and raised Filipino.
Great list! I especially love #4. That’s awesome 🙂
Where did the inspiration for this book come from?
I always knew Natasha’s and Jackson’s story had to be told. They are each other’s great loves. Plus, I always wanted to tackle a story that has three grand gestures instead of just one.
I can absolutely get behind three grand gestures!
How long have you been writing, and what (or who) inspired you to start?
Of and on since high school. Actually, it was my second year high school English teacher who inspired me. She gave us an assignment to write a short story. When she complimented mine I found my calling and never looked back. I may have stopped along the way but eventually I realized I wanted writing to be my career.
That’s fantastic! I love that an English teacher helped you find your way.
What are you working on right now? What can readers look for from you in the next year?
I just submitted my next novel to Swoon Reads that tackles the In-Love-With-My-Brother’s-Best-Friend trope. It was so much fun to write. I can’t wait for all of you to read it.
OMG, that’s one of my favorite troupes! I can’t wait either 😉
What are you currently reading, and what are your thoughts about it so far?
I just finished rereading The Darkest Part of the Forest. It’s my new all-time favorite novel. I love Holly Black’s writing. Her characters inspire me.
Oooh, I haven’t read that one yet—but I do like her too. Thanks for the rec!
If you had to “sell” your book in a single Tweet, what would you say?
A boy who stops time, defies gravity, and brings down the stars to win back the girl he loves.
LOL! Love it! Thanks again for stopping by, Kate!
When Kate Evangelista was told she had a knack for writing stories, she did the next best thing: entered medical school. After realizing she wasn’t going to be the next Doogie Howser, M.D., Kate wandered into the Literature department of her university and never looked back. Today, she is a graduate of De La Salle University – Manila with an Bachelor of Arts in Literature. She taught high school English for three years and was an essay consultant for two. Currently she writes full time and is based in the Philippines. To learn more about Kate, please visit her website at www.kateevangelista.com or follow her on Twitter @KateEvangelista
No Second Chances
(Dodge Cove #3)
Published by: Swoon Reads
Publication date: May 16th 2017
Genres: Contemporary, Romance, Young Adult
Natasha was DEVASTATED when Jackson, her first love, disappeared without a word only to pop up months later as a famous DJ. But now she’s over it―over him!―and ready to move on with her life! Isn’t she?
Jackson thought he was leaving Dodge Cove behind forever when he set off to LA to start his career as a DJ. But the one thing he had never been able to leave behind was the memory of his first love, Natasha, and now that he’s proven his success, he’s coming home to win her back…
Get ready to stop time, defy gravity and bring down the stars in this final book in Kate Evangelista’s Dodge Cove Trilogy!
a Rafflecopter giveaway