There’s a second giveaway–and a short guest post from Paige and an excerpt–here!
Welcome, Paige! What 5 things should readers know about you?
- I do all my writing with my husband. We’ve been a writing team for over ten years, and so the voice you’re getting when you read my books are unique because it’s the blending of two completely different styles and personalities.
- Hubby is retired military, so we moved around quite a lot. (New Jersey, South Korea, Louisiana, Florida, Georgia, Washington State). All that moving gave me a great appreciation for the amazing world we live in, and the amazing people in our military. The camaraderie and joking on the SWAT Team comes from the experiences I had in my husband’s military units.
- The only thing I love more than getting a new book out there and seeing it on the shelf is getting a chance to talk to readers about the stories they love—mine or anyone else’s. So, if you ever see me at a conference, grab me for a convo. I love to talk books!
- While I’m mostly focused romantic suspense (with a touch of paranormal here or there) these days, in the past, I’ve written just about everything there is. Erotic, sci-fi, time-travel, contemporary western, historical western, paranormal, suspense, contemporary, etc. I wandered around for a few years before settling on my current brand. But I wouldn’t change that for the world because it allowed me to experiment and grow as a writer.
- My first book was written by hand in a notebook. It was a historical/paranormal/suspense inspired by The Little Mermaid movie. It was horrible and is still sitting in a box somewhere in our attic.
LOL–#5! I love it!
Where did the inspiration for this book come from?
Wolf Unleased is the story of how Alex Trevino, a dog-loving werewolf from the Dallas PD SWAT team falls for dog-loving veterinarian Lacey Barton. There’s crazy mad chemistry between them from the beginning, but Lacey has some issues in her past that keep her from committing to any guy. She’s going to have to work through it in this story, because Alex is frigging amazing!
There’s nonstop excitement through the whole book that will keep you up all night. Seriously, you won’t be able to put this book down! There’s a deadly drug on the streets of Dallas, girls going missing from the local college, and a dog fighting ring all thrown into the mix! Oh yeah, and there’s also the minor issue of Alex trying to hide the fact that he and every member of the Dallas SWAT team are werewolves!
The inspiration for this book came from my love of dogs. In one of the earlier SWAT books (Book 2 – Wolf Trouble), the SWAT team rescues Tuffie, a pit bull mix that had been abused, shot, and left for dead. In that story, Alex was instrumental in saving Tuffie’s life. So, when it came time for Alex to get his story, it simply made sense it would revolve around Tuffie. That also set up the cute meet with a veterinarian, who just happens to be the heroine of the story!
Okay, now I’ve GOT to read this! (Adding to TBR right now…)
What are you working on right now? What can readers look for from you in the next year?
We’re working on the third book in my SEALs of Coronado Series—Texas SEAL. It releases in January, but is available for pre-order now. After that, we start the seventh book in my SWAT Series. There’s no title for that book yet, but it’s due to the publisher on the 15th of January, so we should get moving on it. In between those books, I’ll be doing the edits for Book 6 of SWAT and Book 7 of my X-OPS Series, which are already with my publisher.
So next year, my fans will be able to get their hands on three new SEAL of Coronado books, Book 5 (Wolf Unleashed) and Book 6 (unnamed right now) of the SWAT Series, Book 6 (Her True Match) and Book 7 (unnamed right now) of the X-OPS Series, and at least one book from my Dallas Fire and Rescue Series.
Oh yeah, and just for fun, I’m working on a serialized New Adult Series (is that redundant?) with two other amazing authors—Mary Frame and Donna Michaels. It’s going to be a three book set that follows three sorority sisters through their adventures and romances at college. I’m really excited to be writing in something that has such a completely different style than I’m used to.
Wow, you’re busy! It’s a lot for us to look forward to 🙂
What authors and/or books have inspired you?
First on the list would have to be Suzanne Brockmann. Her multi-book Troubleshooters Series, with multiple POVs, plots that weave from one book in the series to the next, and action/thrills/suspense all had a huge impact on how I write. I was very fortunate to get a chance to meet her in person a few years ago at RT in New Orleans, and I just about had a fan-girl meltdown! She’s not only a fantastic writer, but a really cool person as well. My hubby and I had drinks with her and her hubby during the convention, and it was one of the highlights of RT!
As far as other authors, I would have to put Johanna Lindsey on the list. Her alpha-male heroes and feisty heroines are the essential role models for the characters I love to write. Then just to change it up, I’d throw in Lissi Harrison, the author of the first set of Monster High books. Those stories are epic when it comes to teaching us to see people as more than a first impression.
I LOVE the Troubleshooters series! One of my all-time faves! (New TS book coming out soon too—woot! Okay, so it’s in seven months. But still–it’s coming!)
What are you currently reading?
That would be the Imperfect Series by Mary Frame. It’s a new adult series that just speaks to me! I eagerly await the next book in the series and jump on it the second it comes out, even if I have writing deadlines!
That’s a new one to me! I’ll have to check it out 🙂
If you had to “sell” your book in a single tweet, what would you say?
Hunky werewolf meets beautiful female veterinarian. Love, adventure, and romance ensues—no shots required.
Perfect! Thanks again, Paige!
About the author:
Paige Tyler is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of sexy, romantic fiction. Paige writes books about hunky alpha males and the kick-butt heroines they fall in love with. She lives with her very own military hero (a.k.a. her husband) and their adorable dog on the beautiful Florida coast.
Social Networking Links
Title: Wolf Unleashed
Author: Paige Tyler
Series: SWAT, #5
Pubdate: December 6, 2016
Genre: Paranormal Romance
SHE BRINGS OUT THE WOLF IN HIM
Lacey Barton can’t deny her crazy attraction to Alex Trevino, but that doesn’t mean she has time for the gorgeous SWAT officer. She’s hell-bent on discovering who’s behind the brutal dogfights sending countless mauled animals to her veterinarian office. The trail leads Lacey to a ring of vicious drug dealers and suddenly she’s in way over her head—right smack in the middle of a SWAT stakeout.
With Lacey in danger, Alex’s wolf side is unleashed. But when she witnesses Alex shift, she’s even more terrified… Now it’s up to Alex to crack the case—and earn back Lacey’s trust and, ultimately, her heart.
I’m reading The Five People You Meet In Heaven because My Son is reading it for a book report for school and I want to read along in case he needs help or questions It is Good so far
I’ve heard good things about it–I hope you (and your son) continue to enjoy it!
Comments are closed.