Check out my interview with Ms. London here. Don’t forget to enter the giveaway on that post too!
Short and sweet, there’s a lot to like in this novella:
1) Will, AKA Chase Ryder, is a Clark Kent-type hero–part-time geeky tech guy, part-time surfing god.
2) It’s set in HAWAII.
3) The bathing-suit-shopping scene.
4) We get to see Ellie and Charlie from Falling For Her Soldier again.
making-out-in-the-water scene getting-Justine-over-her-phobia scene.
6) Lovers-with-a-past troupe!
7) Did I mention HAWAII? 😉
Only two downsides:
1) The past drama seemed a bit on the fluffy side. I expected it to be more than it ended up being, given the buildup. Still, it was resolved fairly quickly, which was a plus.
2) The resolution of the current-day problem was also an easy fix, I assume due in part to the restaints of writing a novella, but the end result was it felt a bit like cheating. Perhaps a longer format would have allowed this part to develop more fully? It was a fairly minor issue, though.
Overall, this was a fun way to escape to the beach for an afternoon–without risking the dreaded sand in your suit!
Rating: 3 1/2 stars / B-
I recived a complimentary copy in exchange for an honest review.