Top 10 things you could find out on the eve of your 15th birthday that are worse than, “You have magic!”
- You’re grounded
- Your father is a frog and you may develop warts.
- We’re moving to Antarctica. Here’s your coat.
- That pain? Oh, that’s just your tail coming in.
- Your mother’s family are trolls and you might experience a need to live under a bridge.
- Your rival has the same birthday and invited all your friends.
- Your brother is really your father and your sister is really your grandmother
- We got you socks for your birthday.
- The internet has crashed forever
- You’re normal. Because let’s face it, who wouldn’t want to find out they have magic?
Spells and Sorcery
S. Usher Evans
(Lexie Carrigan Chronicles, #1)
Publication date: October 4th 2016
Genres: Fantasy, Young Adult
You have magic.
One sentence, three words, four syllables. Enough to change my life forever. And I’m not talking about the whole spells and sorcery thing.
Lexie Carrigan thought the weirdest thing about her was she preferred watching documentaries and reading the newspaper to reality TV and Twitter. But on the eve of her fifteenth birthday, her aunt and sisters drop a bomb–she’s magical.
Now the girl who never made waves is blowing up her nightstand and trying to keep from wreaking havoc on her school. When a kind stranger shows up with all the answers, Lexie hopes he’ll be able to help her control her newfound powers. But Gavon may not be as kind as he seems, and soon Lexie finds out that being magical is the least weird thing about her.
Spells and Sorcery is the first YA fantasy from S. Usher Evans, author of the Razia series, the Madion War Trilogy and Empath.
Goodreads / Amazon / Barnes & Noble / iBooks / Kobo
S. Usher Evans is an author, blogger, and witty banter aficionado. Born in Pensacola, Florida, she left the sleepy town behind for the fast-paced world of Washington, D.C.. There, she somehow landed jobs with BBC, Discovery Channel, and National Geographic Television before finally settling into a “real job” as an IT consultant. After a quarter life crisis at age 27, she decided consulting was for the birds and rekindled a childhood passion for writing novels. She sold everything she owned and moved back to Pensacola, where she currently resides with her two dogs, Zoe and Mr. Biscuit.
Evans is the author of the Razia series, Madion War Trilogy, and Empath, published by Sun’s Golden Ray Publishing.
Website / Goodreads / Facebook / Twitter
a Rafflecopter giveaway