On Tour with Prism Book Tours
Welcome, Carol! What 5 things should readers know about you?
I’m not sure what readers should know, but here are some random tidbits…
- My fascination with Alaska began when I was very young. My uncle disappeared there in 1972 under suspicious circumstances. I don’t remember exactly when I heard about it, but I became obsessed with the details. No trace of him has ever been found, and the case remains open to this day.
- I’m afraid of heights but I love rollercoasters! My dream job would be an amusement park test-rider.
- I’m a dog lover. I know, I know – everyone is these days. But I’ve compiled a ridiculous amount of knowledge about dog breeds, their histories, temperaments, characteristics, etc. I’m also an expert at recognizing breeds and can usually guess the combination of mixed breeds, too. It’s a fun game I play!
- As the youngest of five kids with a gigantic extended family, I’m an expert in social interaction, compromise, and conflict resolution. Lol. Seriously, I think I’m good at interacting with and understanding people and their motivations, which helps me tremendously as a writer.
- I was born and live in one the most beautiful places on this planet, the Pacific Northwest. (Yes, of course I’m objective! I’ve traveled to almost half the states and several other countries after all 😉
Oooh, I’m with you on #2! I love rollercoasters, but standing up top of Bridal Veil Falls really freaks me out. :O
Where did the inspiration for this book come from?
This one was a natural spin-off in my Seasons of Alaska series. The hero, Tag James, has made an appearance in every previous book. Readers seem to love him almost as much as I do 🙂 I’ve received a ton of requests for him to get his own story. Because he’s always spread so thin between his family obligations, his career, and running for the senate, I knew I had to come up with a heroine who made him feel things he couldn’t ignore. I have an interest in health and alternative medicine, so it felt like it was an interesting conflict for these two.
And…wow. Now I want to read this one 200% more! 😉
How long have you been writing, and what (or who) inspired you to start?
As far back as elementary school, I always enjoyed writing assignments the most. I wrote (and illustrated!) my first book in 3rd grade. It was about life on a planet called Jaylar and my teacher loved it! That was the moment I knew I wanted to be a writer.
My shift from science fiction to romance came in middle school when I read Jane Eyre. In high school, my best friend and I discovered Jude Deveraux! Which then opened up the romance world to me. I devoured books by mega-talents like Julie Garwood, Penny Jordan, LaVyrle Spencer, Danielle Steele, and Nora Roberts. I was the kid who would hide my romance novel inside my math text during class.
Jane Eyre did it for me, too! Though sadly not until my senior year of high school, so my math textbooks hid Stephen King books.
What are you working on right now? What can readers look for from you in the next year?
I’m currently working on Book 6 in my Seasons of Alaska series. This is Iris and Flynn’s story. And all I’m going to say about it is that Flynn is not having an easy time taking their relationship out the friend zone!
My next book comes out in August and I could not be more excited about it! The Rancher’s Twins is the first in a five-book, multi-author continuity series called Return of the Blackwell Brothers.
Here’s my pitch: When their grandfather goes AWOL five hot rancher brothers are called home to help on the family ranch. They’re bucking family issues, wrangling their personal demons and getting all tangled up in love! (Sorry, I couldn’t resist – it’s my first rancher book.)
It’s been such an incredible experience to work on this project with my four best author friends – Cari Lynn Webb, Melinda Curtis, Amy Vastine, and Anna J. Stewart. The books will be released one per month, August through December.
Wow—sounds great; can’t wait!
What are you currently reading, and what are your thoughts about it so far?
I read as much as I can across pretty much all genres. I just finished a mystery by John Sandford called Storm Front. (From his Virgil Flowers series.) John Sandford is one of my all-time favorite authors. When I read his books, I always think, WOW! He’s one of the truly gifted ones. And I also love my book boyfriend, Virgil Flowers, so very much!
I’ve been meaning to read John Sandford—I’ll have to move that series up my TBR.
If you had to “sell” your book in a single Tweet, what would you say?
She’s too young, too different, too…much. She’s also impossible to resist. Get your copy of Bachelor Remedy today! #romance #Alaska #SeasonsofAlaska
Awesome! Thanks so much, Carol!
About the Author:
USA Today bestselling author Carol Ross grew up in small town America right between the Pacific Ocean and the Cascade Mountains, in a place where you can go deep sea fishing in the morning and then hit the ski slopes the same afternoon. The daughter of what is now known as free range parents, she developed a love of the outdoors at a very early age. As a writer, Carol loves to breathe the life she has lived into the characters she creates, grateful for the “research material” that every questionable decision, adrenaline-charged misstep, and near-death experience has provided.
(Seasons of Alaska #5)
by Carol Ross
Paperback & ebook, 384 pages
April 1st 2018 by Harlequin Superromance
She’s the most unconventional woman he’ll ever meet…
and the cure for a perennial bachelor?
Raised by her healer grandfather, former army medic Ally Mowak knows her alternative approach to traditional medicine puts her at odds with most of her Alaskan town. That includes Tag James, the rugged transport pilot with the sprawling family and political ambitions. Ally couldn’t be more wrong for the aspiring senator. Then why does everything feel so right when they’re together?
Other Books in the Series:
– 1 winner will receive a $50 Amazon e-gift card and a copy of Summer at the Shore (signed copy to US and Canada, ebook to international)
– 2 winners will receive a $5 Amazon e-gift card and an e-book of Summer at the Shore (open internationally)
– Ends April 25th
It’s All About the Romance
Inside The Mind of an Avid Reader
underneath the covers
Becky on Books
The Power of Words
Rockin’ Book Reviews
I Am A Reader
Janice’s Book Reviews
Locks, Hooks and Books
Nicole’s Book Musings
Among the Reads
Two Points of Interest
Reading Is My SuperPower
Teatime and Books
Deal Sharing Aunt
April 21st: Grand Finale
April 25th: Harlequin Junkie