Entangled Edge authors Tricia Skinner and Paula Altenburg are touring together to celebrate their new books.
Read all about Tricia’s Angel Kin below, and then hop over here to read about Paula’s The Demon Lord. Oh, and don’t forget to enter their giveaway!
The 10 Most Important Things to Know About Angel Kin
By Tricia Skinner
Thank you, Becky, for the invitation to visit your website and say “howdy” to your readers. Angel Kin is the first book in my Angel Assassins Series. It’s the story of Cain, a half angel/half human (Nephilim), who is thrown into a world of doubt and pain when his twin, Abel, resurfaces. Abel is out for revenge, but he’s also determined to destroy everything Cain holds dear, including heroine Katie Logan.
Ah. I see your raised eyebrows. Cain and Abel? Let’s begin the countdown.
- In my world, the Nephilim were the product of fallen angels and human women. Cain and Abel are twins, and each wields a portion of their father’s angelic gift, mind control.
- Cain and Abel are not the brothers most people know from the Bible. One reviewer called the story “paranormal urban fantasy,” and I believe that fits. Suspend belief and allow the story to unfold.
- The brothers are identical, but if you were to look very closely, Abel has a small scar on his face.
- Katie Logan has a juvenile record, but she’s trying to stay out of trouble. Of course, she’ll do anything to help those around her, and trouble is often the result.
- Cain is a member of The Bound Ones. There are three other Nephilim—Jarrid, Kasdeja, and Nestaron—and all have their half-angelic gifts “bound” by the angel board (the Directorate) to keep them from fully using their talents.
- Tanis is a full-blooded angel. He was sent to kill Cain and the others when they were children, punishment for their fallen fathers and their “impure” breeding. But Tanis spared their lives at great personal cost.
- Forced to train as assassins, The Bound’s top priority is hunting down the Renegade angels for Heaven. Their mission has evolved over the centuries to encompass any threat their superiors decide.
- Katie’s from a family of fire fighters. Where her family is clearly packed with heroes, she’s the black sheep. But Katie has a good heart.
- The Renegades employ Abel.
- The prevalent themes in Angel Kin are family, sacrifice, regret, love, and forgiveness.
I’m Tricia Skinner and I write Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy. I’m a former journalist who discovered my inspiration to write fiction as an escape from “real life.” My reading tastes are all over the place, but I’m mainly drawn to fantasy (and its subgenres), paranormal, sci-fi, and history.
When I’m not writing, I’m a newbie “green” practitioner, fitness procrastinator, and a technology geek. I’m a mother and a wife. My family includes two Great Danes. I’m also a gamer. I enjoy interacting with my fellow geeks and helping other writers, especially through the Fantasy, Futuristic & Paranormal Chapter of Romance Writers of America where I’ve served as Newsletter Editor. I’m represented by Laurie McLean of Foreword Literary.
Angel Kin by Tricia Skinner
Tagline: The thief will steal his heart…
While channeling Robin Hood’s “steal from the rich and give to the poor” attitude at a local politician’s house, ex-con Katie Logan witnesses a forced suicide. Dirty or not, supernatural or not, he didn’t deserve to die, especially not by his own hand. But with her record, stepping forward as a witness isn’t an option. On the run from the police and the murderer, she turns to The Bound Ones for help.
When a beautiful woman comes to The Bound Ones, half-angel assassin Cain is immediately drawn to her. But when she fingers him as the killer, he can come to only one conclusion. The twin he thought was dead is very much alive…and trying to send him a message. Unfortunately, that message is: “You’re next.”
It’s a race against time as Cain fights to save the woman he’s falling in love with before his brother Abel destroys them both.
Twitter: @EntangledEdge Steals and Deals
Angel Kin and The Demon Lord are only sale at $.99 for a limited time.
$25 Amazon Gift card from Tricia Skinner
An awesome prize from Paula Altenburg