Top 5 favorite Sci-fi/Fantasy books/series:
- Dune by Frank Herbert because it’s just about my favorite book ever. The world building is the best. I can’t wait to see the new film.
- The Black Jewels Trilogy by Anne Bishop. It’s such a complex story, with brilliant world building, that you reach a different level each time you read it. And I love the hero—Daemon Sardi—he is bad!
- Lord of the Rings because it’s huge, and I love it, and each time I read it, I pick up new things.
- Karen Marie Moning’s Fever series. Mainly because I’m madly in love with Jericho Barrons.
- The Time Traveller’s Wife by Audrey Niffennegger. Such a clever premise and brilliant writing.
About the author:
Growing up in the cold, wet, north of England, Nina Croft spent a lot of time dreaming of faraway sunnier places and ponies. When she discovered both, along with a whole load of other things, could be found between the covers of a book, her life changed forever.
Later, she headed south, picked up the perfect husband along the way, and together they volunteered to work in Africa. There they discovered a love of exotic places and a dislike of 9-5 work. Afterward they spent a number of years travelling (whenever possible) intermingled with working (whenever necessary.) Eventually they stumbled upon a remote area in the mountains of southern Spain and the small almond farm they now call home.
Nina spends her days reading, writing and riding her mare, Gencianna, under the blue Spanish skies—sunshine and ponies. She reckons this is proof that dreams really can come true if you want them enough.
Nina’s writing mixes romance with elements of the paranormal and science fiction
Author: Nina Croft
Pub. Date: January 20, 2020
Publisher: Entangled: Amara
Formats: Paperback, eBook
Investigator Sergeant Logan Farrell has never been convinced the human race deserves saving. But it looks like he’s got the job anyway.
It’s been five hundred years since we fled the remnants of a dying Earth in search of a new home. Twenty-four ships, each carrying ten thousand Chosen Ones. All sleeping peacefully…until people start dying in cryo.
Malfunction or murder? Hopefully, the former—a serial killer in the fleet would be drastic for morale. But Logan is determined to find the truth. Unfortunately, he’s got a new partner—and he works best alone.
Katia Mendoza, hot-shot homicide detective, has been woken from cryo to assist with the investigation. But is she really interested in solving the case, or does she have her own agenda?
Before he can answer that question, though, they become targets themselves.
Nothing like a few near misses with death to bring a couple together, and Logan finds himself falling for the alluring detective. But he doesn’t know that Katia is hiding a secret.
It’s not only humans who fled the dying Earth.a Rafflecopter giveaway